Iconic actor, best known for starring in "Smokey and the Bandit"
Some highlights from Burt Reynolds' life and career...
- His full name was Burton Leon Reynolds Jr. and he was born on February 11, 1936 in Lansing, Michigan
- His nickname growing up was "Buddy" to distinguish him from his father
- He played football for Florida State University
- He had a long acting career with over 185 film and television credits
- For a time he was ranked as one of the top 10 movie draws worldwide
- His awards include a Golden Globe for best performance by an actor in a support role in a motion picture for Boogie Nights and both a Golden Globe and a Primetime Emmy for his performance in the TV show Evening Shade
Read more about Burt Reynolds' life in the New York Times:
Friends & Family
Looks like something went wrong.
Reload the page and try again.